- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Steamed Figgy Pudding Christmas Pudding Recipe
|Dried calimyrna figs||16 Ounce (2 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Milk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted and cooled slightly (1 Stick)|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (About 3 Slices Firm White Bread)|
|Freshly grated orange peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly grated lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4183 Calories from Fat 1103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 125 g192.3%
Saturated Fat 71.9 g359.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 915.9 mg
Sodium 3770.4 mg157.1%
Total Carbohydrates 703 g234.4%
Dietary Fiber 68 g272%
Sugars 451 g
Protein 69 g138%
Vitamin A 102.6% Vitamin C 52.6%
Calcium 236.1% Iron 90.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. With kitchen shears, cut stems from figs, then cut figs into small pieces. In 2-quart saucepan, combine figs and milk. Cover and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 10 to 15 minutes (mixture may look curdled). Do not let mixture boil.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
4. In large bowl, with mixer at high speed, beat eggs 1 minute. Reduce speed to low; add butter, bread crumbs, orange peel, lemon peel, and fig mixture. Gradually add flour mixture; beat just until blended.
5. Spoon fig mixture into prepared mold; smooth top. Cover mold with sheet of greased foil, greased side down. (If your mold has a lid, grease inside of lid and omit foil.) Place mold in deep medium roasting pan; place pan on oven rack. Pour enough very hot water into roasting pan to come 2 inches up side of mold.
6. Bake until pudding is firm and pulls away from side of mold, about 2 hours. Transfer pudding to wire rack. Remove foil; cool 10 minutes. Invert onto cake plate; remove mold.
7. Meanwhile, prepare Brandied Hard Sauce, if desired. Serve pudding warm with sauce on the side.