- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven-roasted Vegetables with Rotini & Rosemary Pesto Recipe Video
|Olive oil||8 Teaspoon, divided (2 Tablespoons, Plus 2 Teaspoons)|
|Vegetables||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic cloves||8 Large|
|Chicken sausage||1 Pound, fully cooked, each cut in half crosswise on the diagonal|
|Rotini||13 Ounce (Dreamfields, 1 Box)|
|Parsley rosemary pesto||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3339 Calories from Fat 1058
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g185.1%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 322.1 mg107.4%
Sodium 3189.1 mg132.9%
Total Carbohydrates 433 g144.2%
Dietary Fiber 81.4 g325.4%
Sugars 26.3 g
Protein 182 g364.1%
Vitamin A 1228% Vitamin C 238%
Calcium 40.7% Iron 126.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Line large rimmed baking pan (17x12x1-inch) with aluminum foil. 2) Brush lightly with olive oil (about 2 teaspoons).
3) Place 8 cups vegetables (any combination) plus garlic cloves in large bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. 4) Place vegetables and garlic cloves in single layer in baking pan. Remove broccoli and cauliflower, if using, and reserve. 5) Roast in oven at 425°F for 15 minutes.
6) Stir vegetables. Add sausage and reserved broccoli and cauliflower. Continue roasting 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
7) Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. 8) Drain and return to pan; toss with pesto. Add vegetables and sausage.
9) Transfer to platter and serve.
10) Choose 8 cups of any combination of vegetables: fennel bulbs, cut into quarters; parsnips, cut into 2-inch lengths; carrots, cut into 2-inch lengths; medium onions, quartered; broccoli florets; cauliflower florets; sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces.