- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Asparagus Recipe Video
|Asparagus spears||20 Medium|
|Black peppercorn||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground (as required)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (as required)|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon, grated|
Calories 18 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.32 g0.48%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 620 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.51 g2%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 0.77 g1.5%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 5.3%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven at 400 degrees F.
2. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
3. Cut off the bottom two inches from asparagus.
4. Place it on the prepared baking tray.
5. Coat the asparagus lightly with olive oil.
6. Add freshly ground pepper and a generous amount of kosher salt.
7. Grate orange zest over it. Ensure that you don’t take the white pith.
8. Toss the asparagus with your hands so that the salt, pepper and orange zest get coated evenly.
9. Bake it in an oven at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.
10. Serve it on a serving platter and your side dish is ready.