- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Roasted Artichoke Slivers with Thyme and Marjoram Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (1/4 Cup, 60 Milliliter)|
|Fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh marjoram||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 902.1 mg37.6%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.7%
Dietary Fiber 30.6 g122.5%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 186.1%
Calcium 41.2% Iron 77%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Take a large bowl and fill 3/4 of it with water.
3. Slice 2 lemons into halves and squeeze into the water.
4. Take one atichoke at a time and begin to clean it.
5. Cut away the stem from the base, remove the outer hard leaces and trim away the dark green layer around the base.
6. Cut away the top portion of the artichoke.
7. Now cut the lengthwise to divide them into 2 halves and scoop out the fuzzy inner choke from each.
8.Put all the trimmed artichokes in lemon water.
9.Cut the artichoke halves into wedges or slivers of 1/4 inch thick (6mm).
10.Put the slivers back into lemon water.
11. Once all artichokes have been cut, drain them and pat dry with kitchen towels.
12.Take a bowl and mix together thyme, olive oil, marjoram, salt and pepper.
13.Add in artichokes and coat well.
14.Take a nonstick baking sheet and tranfer artichoke mixture onto it.
15. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, turning the artichokes occassionally.
16.Take a serving platter and place the artichokes on it.
17. Cut wedges of the 2 remaining lemons.
18.Garnish with lemon wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.