- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Pulled Pork Recipe Video
|Pork shoulder roast||5 Pound (4-5 pound)|
|Hot and spicy bbq rub mixture||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Chipotle pepper||5 , mince (2-5, in adobo)|
|White onion||2 , thinly sliced|
|Jalapeno pickle liquid/Water or vinegar||2 Tablespoon (as required)|
Calories 1135 Calories from Fat 635
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g108.3%
Saturated Fat 24.7 g123.4%
Trans Fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 351.6 mg117.2%
Sodium 1292.3 mg53.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 100 g199.7%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 36.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 250 degree.
2. In a small bowl, add hot and spicy BBQ rub mixture, brown sugar, and chipotle pepper.
3. Pour vinegar, in bowl just enough to mix and bring it together into a paste consistency.
4. On cutting board, place pork, and rub mixture all over.
5. In oven proof dish place pork, add onion, cover it with lid, and place it in oven for 5-6 hours.
6. Remove pork from the dish, and place it on a glass tray. Using two forks, pull the pork apart into pieces.
7. Skim off the fat from the liquid in the dish. Boil and reduce if needed, and pour it on the shredded pork.
8. Serve pulled pork with Eastern North Carolina BBQ sauce.