- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Omelette Ole Recipe
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Canned chopped green chilies||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|6 inch corn tortillas||6|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||12 Ounce, divided (3 Cups)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 752 Calories from Fat 430
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g73.9%
Saturated Fat 26.9 g134.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 737.9 mg
Sodium 1193.7 mg49.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C 22.4%
Calcium 81% Iron 25.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In small skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
3. Sauté onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are soft
4. Add chilies, stir and take off the flame. Set pan aside.
5. Cut tortillas into 1/2-inch strips.
6. Arrange half of the strips in a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish.
7. Top the tortillas with half onion mixture and half of the cheese.
8. Repeat layering of tortillas, onions and cheese.
9. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk and salt with a fork or whisk.
10. Pour eggs into baking dish.
11. Place dish in preheated oven.
12. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until eggs are set.
13. Remove and set aside for 10 minutes.
14. Cut into squares to serve.
15. Top with salsa and sour cream, if desired.