- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Fried General Tso's Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||1 Pound, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|Gluten free bisquick||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Scallions||3 Medium, cut into 1 inch pieces (1 scallion for garnishing and remaining for the chicken)|
|Broccoli florets||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Gluten free chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Sauce)|
|Cornstarch||2 Teaspoon (For Sauce)|
|Honey||2 Tablespoon (For Sauce)|
|Duck sauce||2 Tablespoon (For Sauce)|
|Rice wine vinegar/White vinegar||2 Tablespoon (For Sauce)|
|Gluten free soy sauce||1 Tablespoon (For Sauce)|
|Asian hot sauce||1 Tablespoon (optional - For Sauce)|
|Chili flakes||2 Dash (optional - For Sauce)|
|Nonstick spray||3 Dash (for greasing the baking sheet)|
Calories 547 Calories from Fat 97
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.8%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 1505.5 mg62.7%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 45 g89.6%
Vitamin A 123.4% Vitamin C 214.1%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil, heavily spray with nonstick spray.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the Bisquick, paprika, salt and black pepper.
4. In another medium bowl, mix the chicken together with the beaten egg.
5. For the sauce, in a medium bowl add the cornstarch to the chicken broth and mix together.
6. Add in the honey, duck sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, hot sauce and chili flakes then stir to combine and set aside.
7. Coat the chicken with the Bisquick mixture; place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
8. Spray the nonstick spray over chicken. Bake for 18 minutes on 450 degrees.
9. When the chicken is done, remove it from the oven and set it aside.
10. In a large skillet over medium high heat add in the oil, garlic, ginger, and scallions, stir fry for 2 minutes.
11. Pour in the sauce to the skillet and bring it up to a boil.
12. Add in the cooked chicken pieces and stir until they are well coated.
13. Toss the broccoli into boiling water for few minutes.
14. Serve General Tso’s Chicken with the broccoli and cooked rice. Garnish with scallions.
If you are following a gluten free diet be sure to use gluten free Bisquick, soy sauce, and chicken broth in the recipe. Make sure to check the ingredients list of the other sauce ingredients as well to ensure they are gluten free.