- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Fried Chicken And Bananas Recipe
|Chickens||6 Pound, cut-up into serving pieces (2 Pieces, About 3 Pound Each)|
|Cream of coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Coco Casa Brand)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cornflake crumbs||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), melted|
Calories 1795 Calories from Fat 874
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 98 g150.8%
Saturated Fat 40.3 g201.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 400.7 mg
Sodium 1171.3 mg48.8%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.2%
Sugars 40.7 g
Protein 94 g187.8%
Vitamin A 66.5% Vitamin C 68.9%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 195.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, blend the Cream of Coconut and lemon juice.
2. Place cornflake crumbs in a shallow dish.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
4. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
5. Peel and halve each banana, crosswise.
6. Dip the chicken and banana pieces in the cream of coconut.
7. Coat with cornflake crumbs by rolling and pressing so that they stick to form an even layer.
8. Arrange them in baking dish in a single layer, then drizzle with melted butter.
9. Bake for bananas 30 minutes and chicken for approximately 45 to 50 minutes, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and tender and cornflakes are crisp and golden.
10. Baste with butter once during cooking time.
11. Serve the chicken and banana hot and crispy.