- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Fried Cheese Mackerel Recipe
|Mackerel fillets||2 Pound|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Process cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cooking oil/Melted fat||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 784 Calories from Fat 534
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.7%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.3 mg
Sodium 782.3 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 54 g108.3%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 8.3%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut fillets into thin slices and pat dry.
2) Preheat oven to 500 degree.
3) In a bowl, combine egg, milk, salt, and pepper.
4) Mix parsley, breadcrumbs, and cheese and then dip the fish slices in the mixture.
5) Roll the fish slices in breadcrumbs.
6) In a cookie sheet, arrange the fish, spread melted fat over the fish, and bake for 10-15 minutes or until done.
7) Check seasoning and serve.