- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Crisped Flour Tortilla Bowls Recipe Video
|10-inch flour tortillas||2 , refrigerated|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.8%
Saturated Fat 0.75 g3.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 305 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 1 g
Protein 3 g5%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needovenproof bowls for shaping the tortillas into bowls
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spread both sides of each flour tortilla with olive oil.
3. Place a flat, prepared tortilla over a bowl, letting it droop downward.
4. Make about 4 pleats in the outer edge of the tortilla, so that it is in roughly the shape of the bowl it rests on. Use toothpicks to secure the pleats.
5. Place about two on a baking pan, and bake at 350 degrees (F) for about 7 minutes, until lightly browned.
6. Remove from the oven, and let cool to the point where you can remove the tortilla bowl from the bowl it rests on. You may need to use a knife to loosen it. Peel it slowly off, so that there are no holes.
7. Invert the tortilla bowl on a tray while you prepare your filling. You may fill the Oven-Crisped Tortilla Bowl with Taco Salad, dinner accompaniments like heated chili beans or black beans, Spanish rice, whole kernel corn with peppers, guacamole, pico de gallo -- even dessert.
These are easy and fun to make and to serve food in! Enjoy!!! --Betty