- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Braised Brussels Sprouts Recipe
|Brussels sprouts||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||15 Milliliter, grated (1 Tablespoon)|
Calories 91 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.9%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg
Sodium 91.4 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 19.2% Vitamin C 177.1%
Calcium 9.7% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the Brussels sprouts with water and chop off the bottoms.
2. Using a paring knife, make a deep cross cut in the bottom of each sprout.
3. Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
4. Grease a wax paper lightly.
5. In a steamer, steam sprouts just until slightly tender.
6. In a casserole or baking dish large enough to hold all sprouts in one or two layers, arrange the Brussels sprouts.
7. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
8. Cover the Brussels with the greased wax paper.
9. Place the casserole in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until sprouts are tender.
10. Serve hot.