- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Barbecued Trout Recipe
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Herb seasoned stuffing croutons||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Pan dressed trout||3 Pound|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 495 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.2 mg
Sodium 519.3 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 50 g100%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 10.5% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Season the fish fillets with salt.
3. In a skillet, melt butter.
4. Sauté the celery and green pepper till soft
5. Toss in the croutons
6. Pour in 1/2 cup water and stir.
7. Heat through until water is absorbed.
8. Take pan off the heat and cool.
9. Brush the fish cavities liberally with barbecue sauce.
10. Stuff fish, with prepared stuffing, using ½ cup for each trout.
11. Arrange fish in a shallow baking pan.
12. Generously coat the fish with barbecue sauce.
13. Cover pan with foil.
14. Place pan on middle level of preheated oven and braise fish for 35 minutes.
15. Uncover the pan and baste fish with additional barbecue sauce.
16. Continue baking for another 25 minutes until fish flakes easily.