- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Barbecued Short Ribs Recipe
|Beef short ribs||2 Pound|
|California burgundy/Claret/other red dinner wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
Calories 940 Calories from Fat 743
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g126.9%
Saturated Fat 35.8 g179.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172 mg
Sodium 888.7 mg37%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 33 g66.2%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 14.5%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 300° F before baking.
2) Remove some fat from short ribs.
3) Heat a skillet; rub it with fat and then slowly sauté ribs in it until browned on all sides.
4) Remove the excess fat from the skillet.
5) Mix together rest of the ingredients.
6) Pour this over ribs and bake, covered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours in preheated oven until meat is soft.
7) Serve hot.