- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Barbecued Chicken Recipe
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White distilled vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dark brown sugar||1 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Pepper||1 Dash (To Taste)|
|Chicken parts||3 Pound, skinned|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
Calories 452 Calories from Fat 96
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.1 mg
Sodium 565.3 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.92 g3.7%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 74 g147.1%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 29.2%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan, add all the ingredients together except the chicken and onions, cook over a medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
3) In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish, arrange the chicken parts in a layer.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, basting the chicken frequently, until thoroughly cooked.
5) Remove and discard the bay leaf before serving.
6) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.