- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Baked Hot Dogs Recipe
|Thin bread slices||6|
|Back bacon rashers||6|
|French mustard||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 276
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.1 mg
Sodium 860.1 mg35.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.76 g3%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 16 g33%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 23.5% Iron 20.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. - Gas Mark 6.
2) Trim the crusts from each slice of bread.
3) With a rolling pin, roll out the bread to make slices thinner.
4) Spread butter or margarine on one side.
5) Place a trimmed bacon rasher on each.
6) Spread mustard and place a frankfurter in the centre of each and roll up in the bread.
7) Secure the bread with a wooden cocktail stick.
8) Use a baking sheet, or in a small roasting tin to pack the rolls closely. Brush tops with any leftover melted butter or margarine.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 20-30 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
10) Serve the hot dogs at once with green salads.