- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Baked French Toast Recipe
|French bread loaf||8 Ounce (1 Piece)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||1 Pound, stemmed and sliced to make about 3 cups|
|Lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 217.1 mg
Sodium 275.6 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 19.6 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 6.2% Vitamin C 75.6%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish with oil.
2. Slice bread into 10 to 16 slices.
3. Preheat oven to 400°F 15 minutes before baking time.
4. Arrange the bread slices on the bottom of the greased dish.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, vanilla and salt with a whisk or fork until well blended.
6. Pour egg mixture over bread slices.
7. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
8. Sprinkle cinnamon over the soaked bread slices.
9. Bake, in preheated oven for 30 minutes or eggs are set and lightly browned on the top.
10. Remove dish from oven.
11. Prepare strawberries by mixing them with lemon zest, juice and sugar
12. Dust the French toast with sugar using a tea strainer or shaker.
13. Serve warm French toast topped with strawberries.