- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven Baked Bourguignonne Recipe
|Boneless beef chuck||2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced carrots||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and chopped (reserve liquid) (1 Can)|
|Beefy onion soup mix envelope||1 Ounce (1 Envelope, Lipton)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg noodles||8 Ounce (1 Package, Medium Or Broad)|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.5%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g42.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.7 mg
Sodium 462.5 mg19.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 27 g54.7%
Vitamin A 74.8% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 15.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook noodles as per the directions.
2) Keep them warm.
3) Preheat oven to the temperature of 400 degrees C.
4) Toss the beef chuck into flour.
5) Blend the onion soup mix with reserved tomato liquid and wine.
6) Take a 2-quart casserole and place the beef chuck into it.
7) In preheated oven, bake the beef without covering for 20 minutes.
8) Combine with beef, the carrots, tomatoes, bay leaf and onion soup mix.
9) Cover the casserole and bake for further 1 1/2 hours or until beef is fully done.
10) Stir in mushrooms and cook for additional 10 minutes with cover.
13) Remove and discard the bay leaf.
14) Serve the baked beef on top of the cooked noodles.