- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Our Best Quiche Lorraine Recipe
|Piecrust mix||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , beaten|
|Bacon||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Swiss cheese||3⁄4 Pound, grated|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
|Light cream/Half and half||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Bacon slices||3 , crisp cooked|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6207 Calories from Fat 3877
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 440 g676.4%
Saturated Fat 243.9 g1219.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2631.4 mg
Sodium 7229 mg301.2%
Total Carbohydrates 372 g124%
Dietary Fiber 13.7 g54.9%
Sugars 18.6 g
Protein 206 g412.9%
Vitamin A 237.8% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 339.9% Iron 209.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F before baking.
2. Follow the directions on the package to prepare the piecrust. Sprinkle little water on pastry mix, using a fork toss, pressing the moistened portion on to the side. Use 3/4th of the pastry to prepare the ball. Flatten the ball to be shaped into a 6 inch round. Keep rest of the dough in the refrigerator.
3. Add pastry to a lightly floured surface or pastry cloth. Roll towards the edges from the center with gentle strokes, changing the directions for get a 14 inch circle. Trim off the edges to form a 13 inch circulate. Fold the pastry in such a way that the pastry now looks like two semi circles placed one above the other.
4. Take a 9-inch springform pan and place the folded pastry to the bottom of the pan. Unfold in such a way so as to fit in the pan. The pastry will be 2 inch high on the pan sides. Slowly pat the pastry so that it fits evenly into the pan. Using egg white, brush the pastry bottom and sides and allow to chill till used.
5. Take a deep skillet, add ½ pound bacon and fry to crispy. Drain, crumble and top the pie shell bottom. Top with cheese,
6. Take a bowl, add eggs, egg yolk, nutmeg, pepper and salt and using a rotary beater or wire whisk, beat gently. Add in half and half and beat till mixture is mixed thoroughly.
7. Pour on to the bacon and cheese and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or till the top becomes puffy and golden brown. The center should be form when pressed using a finger tip.
8. Transfer to wore rack, cool for 15 minutes. Using a knife, loosen the edges from the pan and remove the pan sides. Arrange on a plate along with springform pan bottom.
9. Serve warm garnished with bacon slices.