- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Osso Buco HD Recipe Video
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned italian tomatoes||2 Can (20 oz) (with juice)|
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 169
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 206.4 mg68.8%
Sodium 562.2 mg23.4%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 52 g104.9%
Vitamin A 66.8% Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season the veal shanks with salt and pepper.
2. Dredge the shanks in the flour. Place in a glass container and set aside.
3. Assemble a coarse grinding plate to a mixer and grind the celery, carrots, onion and garlic. Place in a bowl and set aside.
4. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
5. In a Dutch oven pour in the extra virgin olive oil and heat. Place the veal shanks and brown the meat. Remove the meat and reserve.
6. In the same pot add in the butter. Followed by shredded vegetables and white wine. Reduce the liquid and return the meat to the pan.
7. Add in the Italian tomatoes and mash with hands or the back of a wooden spoon.
8. Season with the basil, thyme, bay leaves and parsley and cover. Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
9. Bake in oven for 120 minutes at 350 degrees F.
10. Serve Osso Bucco with garlic bread and tossed salad.