- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Osso Buco Recipe
|Onion||1 Large, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Carrots||2 Small, scraped and sliced|
|Veal shin||1 Kilogram, cut into 5 cm pieces|
|White stock/Water and 1/2 chicken stock cube||300 Milliliter, hot|
|Dry white wine||150 Milliliter|
|Canned tomatoes||225 Gram, roughly chopped|
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter|
|Dried rosemary||2 1⁄2 Milliliter|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||30 Milliliter (For Garnish)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed (For Garnish)|
|Lemon||1 , rind grated (For Garnish)|
Calories 499 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g46.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 215.1 mg
Sodium 530.8 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 52 g104.9%
Vitamin A 111.7% Vitamin C 59.4%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Arrange the ingredients.
2) In a cooker, heat the butter and fry the onion, garlic and carrots until they are beginning to colour.
3) Lift out the vegetable mixture and drain well.
4) In the hot butter, brown the pieces of veal, lift out and drain off the excess butter from the cooker.
5) Add the stock or water and stock cube, wine, tomatoes, tomato puree, rosemary and a little salt and pepper to the cooker.
6) Mix the vegetables.
7) Lastly, replace the meat pieces, standing them upright in the sauce.
8) Place the lid to close the cooker, bring to high pressure and cook for 15 minutes.
9) Reduce the pressure quickly.
10) While the veal is cooking mix together the ingredients for the garnish.
11) In a hots erving dish, transfer the veal.
12) Add the cornflour, blended with a little cold water, to the sauce and cook, stirring constantly until boiling and thickened.
13) Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning .
14) Pour the sauce over the veal and sprinkle the garnish on the top.
15) Serve the Osso buco with plain boiled rice or buttered noodles and a crisp green salad.