- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Osso Bucco Style Chicken Recipe
|All purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chicken thighs||1 Pound, skinned|
|Chicken drumsticks||1 Pound, skinned|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Diced carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fat free less sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned italian style diced tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, Undrained)|
|Italian style tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, diced (1 Can, Undrained)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1935 Calories from Fat 463
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.5%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.4%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 725.8 mg
Sodium 3697.5 mg154.1%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.5%
Sugars 43.4 g
Protein 201 g402%
Vitamin A 641% Vitamin C 247.8%
Calcium 70.7% Iron 100.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cook half of chicken, 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove chicken and set aside. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
4. Reduce heat to medium; add carrot and next 4 ingredients. Cook 5 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add broth and next 3 ingredients. Return chicken to pan; stir gently.
5. Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and discard bay leaf and rosemary sprig. Transfer chicken to a platter; keep warm.
6. Place pan over medium-high heat. Bring broth to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in parsley, lemon rind, and garlic.