- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oso Creek Chile aka Pedernales Chili Recipe Video
|Ground beef||10 Pound, coarsely ground|
|Garlic clove||4 Medium, mince|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||12 Teaspoon|
|Chili pepper||100 Medium (piquin peppers, smoked, dried and coffee grinded)|
|Canned tomatoes||64 Ounce (4 cans)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Hot water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 1937 Calories from Fat 1373
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 153 g235%
Saturated Fat 55.4 g277.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 400 mg133.3%
Sodium 1045.8 mg43.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g50.1%
Sugars 16.7 g
Protein 106 g211.5%
Vitamin A 136.9% Vitamin C 1064.7%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 72.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a huge cast iron skillet or Dutch pan, brown meat with onion and garlic until meat is lightly browned.
2. Transfer ingredients to a large kettle.
3. Add oregano, cumin, chili powder, tomatoes, chile pequins, salt, and hot water.
4. Bring just to a boil; lower heat and simmer, covered, for approximately 1 hour.
5. Remove from heat. Skim off grease
6. Taste and if not hot enough add more chili.
7. Serve the chili as is or use as required.