- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Osaka Fried Scallops Recipe
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh scallops||3⁄4 Pound, drained and dried|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.9 mg
Sodium 495.8 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.5%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 18 g36.5%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine the flour with baking powder and salt.
2) Add beaten egg, dry ingredients and mix well.
3) Gradually add water, stirring constantly until the batter is smooth and consistent.
4) Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 360°F.
5) Dip the scallops in batter, one at a time.
6) In a deep pan, fry the scallops for 3-4 minutes, until they turn golden brown.
7) Drain the scallops on paper towels.
8) Serve hot with soya sauce or sweet & sour sauce.