- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Osaka Fried Scallops Recipe
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh scallops||3⁄4 Pound, drained and dried|
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2.3%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 358.9 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.5%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 10.2% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine the flour with baking powder and salt.
2) Add beaten egg, dry ingredients and mix well.
3) Gradually add water, stirring constantly until the batter is smooth and consistent.
4) Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 360°F.
5) Dip the scallops in batter, one at a time.
6) In a deep pan, fry the scallops for 3-4 minutes, until they turn golden brown.
7) Drain the scallops on paper towels.
8) Serve hot with soya sauce or sweet & sour sauce.