- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orzo Salad with Tomatoes, Feta and Green Onions Recipe Video
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Grape tomato/Red and yellow||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved|
|Feta cheese||7 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Basil||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Spring onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1274 Calories from Fat 687
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g120.3%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.2 mg
Sodium 1557.8 mg64.9%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.8 g39.3%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 28 g55.7%
Vitamin A 20.3% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 28% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, put together olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and lemon juice, and gradually whisk all the ingredients together. Cover and chill.
2. In large heavy saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
3. Stir in orzo, reduce heat to medium, cover partially and allow to cook for about 6 minutes or until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
4. Drain the pasta in a large bowl, tossing frequently until cool.
5. Mix tomatoes, basil, pine nuts and green onions into orzo.
6. Stir and pour the vinaigrette dressing on top and toss well to coat.
7. Add the feta cheese and toss to mix.
8. Taste the salad and season with salt and pepper if needed.
9. Serve at room temperature and refrigerate leftovers, and enjoy after a couple of days too.