- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Salad Recipe Video
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Basil||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped finely|
|Scallion||5 , chopped|
|Sundried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), slivered|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||3 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Pine nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Toasted)|
Calories 946 Calories from Fat 483
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.5%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg0.6%
Sodium 652.7 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 14.4%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 28.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Add in the orzo to a pot of boiling salted water.
2. In a bowl place 1 cup chopped basil, pop in the chopped scallions, sundried tomatoes and combine all of that.
3. In a separate bowl, pour some oil, Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar and give it a good whisk.
4. Add the cooked orzo into the same bowl of chopped basil and chopped scallions, pour the dressing over it and give it a gentle toss.
5. Pop the toasted pine nuts and garnish with the remaining basil.
6. Once everything is combined let it sit for 30 minutes.
7. Serve this salad as an appetizer at a party or as a light meal.