- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oroshi Katsu Recipe Video
|Pork slice||1 Pound|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
|Breadcrumb||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
|Daikon raddish||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Green onion||2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
Calories 1628 Calories from Fat 1065
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 120 g185.1%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201.7 mg
Sodium 2196.8 mg91.5%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 27.3 g
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut pork slice on the edge, and score it as shown in the video.
2. Season it with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Take three plates and put flour, egg, and bread crumb separately on them.
4. Roll pork pieces in flour, and coat evenly.
5. Dip it in egg wash, and wrap it with breadcrumb. Set it aside on a plate.
6. In a skillet, heat oil. Drop a breadcrumb piece and check if oil has the right temperature for frying.
7. Gently place meat piece in oil. Flip, and cook until golden brown on both sides on medium high heat.
8. Remove from oil, and place it on a cutting board.
9. With a knife cut it into slices.
10. Line grated daikon, green onion on top, and serve katsu immediately.