- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ornamental Frosting Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flavoring extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Royal)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1201 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.1 g0.15%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 490.9 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 304 g101.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.04%
Sugars 302.6 g
Protein 6 g12.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 37.5% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add sugar and water to boil without stirring.
2) Continue boiling the syrup until it spins a thread.
3) Beat egg whites and mix the syrup slowly into the egg mixture.
4) Add flavoring and baking powder; beat the mixture to a smooth and stiff consistency.
5) Place the mixture over boiling water. Constantly stir the mixture until the icing grates slightly on bottom of bowl.
6) Reserve a small portion of icing and spread on cake.
7) Use a pastry tube or a cornucopia to put the remaining icing to ornament the edge of the cake.