- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Original Caesar Salad Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Romaine lettuce||3 Medium|
|Wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2482 Calories from Fat 2111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 239 g367.4%
Saturated Fat 38.8 g194%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 449.4 mg
Sodium 1384.1 mg57.7%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 21.9 g87.6%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 39 g78.8%
Vitamin A 1494% Vitamin C 420.1%
Calcium 79.3% Iron 78%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chill plates for serving.
2) Add garlic into olive oil and stand for several days.
3) Remove the garlic.
4) On a cookie sheet, spread out the bread cubes and pour a small amount of garlic oil over.
5) Place in the oven and bake at 225 degrees for 2 hours.
6) Sprinkle with cheese.
7) Place in a jar and chill.
8) Tear the lettuce into pieces and add into a chilled salad bowl.
9) Sprinkle with the remaining garlic oil, vinegar, and lemon juice.
10) Boil the eggs for 1 minute and add into the salad.
11) Add salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
12) Sprinkle with cheese.
13) Toss till the dressing is combined and leaves are well coated.
14) Add in the croutons and lightly toss.
15) Serve on the chilled plates.
16) Garnish with rolled anchovies.