- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Healthy Oriental Dressing & Salad Recipe Video
|Apple juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), concentrated|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Liquid protein concentrate||2 Tablespoon (Brag'S Aminos)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Napa cabbage head||1 Medium|
|Green onion||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Dry noodles||8 Ounce (Oriental Variety)|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Dressing||6 Ounce (1 Recipe)|
Calories 945 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59%
Saturated Fat 6 g30%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 152.4 mg50.8%
Sodium 106.1 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.7%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.4%
Sugars 26.3 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 47% Vitamin C 213.9%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pour the concetrated apple juice in a medium sized saucepan and put that over stovetop to boil.
2. Add the Aminos and lemon juice to the boiling apple juice.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in water. Gradually add the liquid cronstarch to the saucepan and stir with a ladle until it the juice thikens.
4. When done, pour the dressing into a small glass bowl and allow it to cool down at room temperature. You can also keep it in the refrigerator before using it as salad dressing.
Asian Cabbage Salad:
1. Take a large bowl to put the finely chopped napa cabbage. Add the chopped green onions, almonds and sesame seeds. Mix thoroughly.
2. Crumble some amount of the dried noodles over the salad, just before serving.
3. Pour the oriental dressing over the salad and mix well with the salad to coat nicely.