- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Chicken Pilaf Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 453 Calories from Fat 246
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.2%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.2 mg
Sodium 854.1 mg35.6%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.5%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan melt the butter.
2. Cook adding the chicken and onion until the chicken is lightly browned.
3. Add salt, pepper and oregano.
4. Cook adding the ricestirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
5. Slowly add the chicken bouillon, then the tomatoes and walnuts and bring to a boil.
6. Cover and simmer 20 minutes until rice is tender without stirring while cooking.
7. Serve with garnish as desired.