- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Vegetable Bowl Recipe
|Green onions||4 , cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Frozen japanese vegetables||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Shredded lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 59 Calories from Fat 4
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.47 g0.73%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 262 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 170.4% Vitamin C 39.4%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 8.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan, add green onions and water
2. Place pan on a medium flame and bring to a boil
3. Cover saucepan and simmer onions for 3 minutes.
4. Tip in the frozen vegetables into the pan.
5. Re-cover and steam vegetables for 2 minutes until thawed
6. Add the seasonings from pouch and soy sauce. Stir well.
7. Heat, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute until sauce thickens.
8. Lastly add shredded lettuce to the simmering broth.
9. Serve the hot broth immediately after adding lettuce, ladling it into soup bowls.
10. You could serve the soup over steamed dumplings or noodles if you like.