- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Soup Recipe
|Round steak||1⁄4 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice vinegar||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , diagonally sliced|
|Green onions||3 , sliced|
|Beef stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Dried chilies||1 Pinch, crushed|
|Egg noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked medium|
|Fresh coriander/Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 224 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35 mg
Sodium 624.6 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 15 g30.8%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In small bowl, refrigerate combining steak slices, oyster sauce and vinegar for 1 hour.
2. Then reserving marinate if any, drain the mixture.
3. Raise the microwave browning skillet to High heat for about 8 minutes or as per manufacturer's directions.
4. Add in 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of the oil and toss meat in it.
5. Microwave at High for 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds, then transfer to bowl and set aside.
6. Microwave the skillet with cover, adding remaining oil, garlic, gingerroot, celery and green onions at High for 2 minutes or until slightly softened, stirring once.
7. Stir in stock, pepper and chilies and microwave at High for more 4 to 6 minutes until the content is heated through.
8. Then add noodles, beef strips and reserved marinade and microwave at High for more 2 to 3 minutes until heated through.
9. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.