- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Salad Recipe
|Cooked chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), cubed|
|Romaine lettuce head||1 Large, shredded|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), diced|
|Green onions||3 , sliced|
|Canned mandarin oranges||11 Ounce, drained, segmented (1 Can)|
|Chowmein noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.3 mg
Sodium 297.3 mg12.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 13.5 g
Protein 20 g40.2%
Vitamin A 132.2% Vitamin C 57%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small saucepan, heat oil and boil vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, salt and pepper till all the sugar has dissolved. Keep stirring the mixture in between.
2) Remove the saucepan from the flame and let cool.
3) In a large salad bowl, throw in the chicken cubes, shredded lettuce, diced celery and sliced onions. Mix well.
4) Drizzle the cooled dressing on top of the salad. Toss well to combine the flavors.
5) Garnish the Oriental Salad with segmented oranges and crisp chowmein noodles.