- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Pepper Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
|Canned chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided (Ready-To-Serve Variety)|
|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Chinese sesame oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||10 Ounce, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Diagonally sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced green bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned water chestnuts||3 Ounce, drained|
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 0.74 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41.1 mg
Sodium 249.9 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 19 g37.7%
Vitamin A 14.6% Vitamin C 67.9%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium mixing bowl, mix 1/2 cup broth, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon oil, garlic powder and ginger together.
2) Coat the chicken thoroughly with the mixture, cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4) Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and reserve the marinade.
5) In a 12-inch non-stick skillet or a wok, stir-fry the chicken in 1 teaspoon oil over a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly browned, keep warm.
6) In the same skillet, stir-fry the celery, peppers and onion for 1 minute.
7) Stir in the mushrooms and water chestnuts and stir-fry for another 1 minute.
8) Stir the cornstarch, 1/2 cup chicken broth and reserved marinade, until the cornstarch is dissolved.
9) Pour into the skillet, stir in the chicken and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is thick and the vegetables are just tender.
10) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.