- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Pear Jam Recipe
|Canned crushed unsweetened pineapple||8 1⁄4 Ounce (1 can, 1 cup)|
|Sugar||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Crystallized ginger||4 Ounce, diced (1 package)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4466 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.6%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 80.9 mg3.4%
Total Carbohydrates 1153 g384.3%
Dietary Fiber 46.2 g184.8%
Sugars 1069.8 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 234.6%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 143.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel pears and core.
2. In a food chopper, process pears.
3. In a large saucepan, mix together pears, pineapple, sugar and ginger; cook for 30 minutes with frequent stirring until desired consistency is achieved.
4. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top of the jar.
5. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
6. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process in boiling water for 5 minutes.
7. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
8. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
9. Use Peach/Pineapple Jam for topping desserts or simply apply over bread or toast and serve.