- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Oven Steamed Fish with Vegetables Recipe
|Reduced sodium soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Dark sesame oil||1 Tablespoon (Oriental Variety)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Carrot||1 Large, cut into very thin matchsticks|
|Scallions||4 , coarsely chopped|
|Ginger piece||1⁄2 Inch, cut into thin slivers|
|Cod fillets/Red snapper / sea bass fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Snow peas||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 838 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.5%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 292.6 mg
Sodium 1943.3 mg81%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.1 g32.6%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 130 g259.5%
Vitamin A 298.9% Vitamin C 162.9%
Calcium 26.4% Iron 42.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
3. Scatter half the carrot, scallions, and ginger over the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Place the fish fillets, in one layer, on top.
4. Scatter the snow peas and the remaining carrot, scallions, and ginger on top of the fish. Drizzle the soy sauce mixture evenly over everything.
5. Cover tightly with foil and bake until the fish is opaque throughout and just flakes when tested with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Serve the fish with some of the vegetables, and a sprinkling of cilantro, if desired.