- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Gingered Vegetables Recipe
|Sliced green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Broccoli florets||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced asparagus||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thinly sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper strips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 88 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 0.34 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 119.3 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 3 g5.6%
Vitamin A 157.6% Vitamin C 75.8%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a pan heat water and add beans, broccoli, carrots, and asparagus.
2) Steam until crisp-tender for about 5 minutes.
3) Place a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
4) Heat oil and add mushrooms, peppers, ginger, and garlic.
5) Saute for about 3 minutes until light brown.
6) Stir in steamed vegetables and soy sauce.
7) SautÃ© for 1 to 2 minutes.
8) Serve warm.