- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Duckling Recipe
|Oven ready duckling||4 Pound (2 Kilogram)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce, thickly sliced (125 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Red pepper||1 Small, cored, deseeded and cut into thin strips|
|Green pepper||1 Small, cored, deseeded and cut into thin strips|
|Fresh bean sprouts||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||3 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Blanched almonds||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
Calories 489 Calories from Fat 244
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.1%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 247.5 mg
Sodium 327.7 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 49 g98.3%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 54%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 37.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F), Gas Mark 5.
2) Weigh the duckling.
3) Calculate the cooking time at 30 minutes per 500 g (1 lb).
4) With a fork, prick the surface of the duckling.
5) In a roasting pan, place the duckling. Season with salt.
6) Place the pan inside oven. Bake for calculated cooking time or until golden brown and cooked through.
7) Allow to cool and cut into thin strips by removing the skin and bone.
8) In a wok or large frying pan, heat up 2 tablespoons oil.
9) Stir-fry onion, mushrooms, garlic and peppers for 4 minutes.
10) With a slotted spoon remove the vegetables from wok into a plate. Keep the vegetables warm.
11) Put the remaining oil in the wok.
12) Place duck meat strips, skin and bean sprouts to stir-fry for 3 minutes.
13) Transfer into another plate and keep warm.
14) In a bowl, combine corn flour with soy sauce, sherry and stock.
15) Add this mixture into the wok.
16) Increase heat to bring a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
17) Add almonds and other cooked ingredients into the wok.
18) Season the sauce to taste and heat through for 3 minutes.
19) In a warmed serving plate, transfer the preparation to serve immediately with rice and crisp fried noodles, if liked.