- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Pineapple And Raisin Chicken Recipe
|Cornstarch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, disjointed|
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 Can)|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 , cut into strips|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Broken walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4770 Calories from Fat 2289
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 255 g392.9%
Saturated Fat 59.6 g297.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 850.4 mg
Sodium 2644.5 mg110.2%
Total Carbohydrates 376 g125.2%
Dietary Fiber 20.8 g83.4%
Sugars 124.4 g
Protein 238 g476.6%
Vitamin A 159.1% Vitamin C 251%
Calcium 27.8% Iron 138.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bag mix cornstarch and paprika.
2) Add 2 or 3 pieces of chicken at a time and toss to coat well.
3) Keep the remaining cornstarch mixture aside.
4) In a skillet heat oil and brown chicken over low heat.
5) Close the lid tightly and cook for 20 minutes.
6) Take out the pineapple and keep the syrup in stock.
7) Mix pineapple, celery and green pepper to the chicken and keep covered for 5 minutes.
8) In a bowl mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixture with brown sugar, soy sauce and 1/4 cup reserved pineapple syrup and stir mix into chicken.
9) Cover again and cook for 10 minutes.
10) Mix walnuts and raisins into rice. Serve with chicken.