- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oriental Chicken With Mushrooms Recipe
|Fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Green peppers||2 Large, cut into strips|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Frozen chinese pea pods||6 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Can)|
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pineapple chunks||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3097 Calories from Fat 1557
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 173 g265.8%
Saturated Fat 49.4 g246.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 850.4 mg
Sodium 3985.1 mg166%
Total Carbohydrates 141 g46.9%
Dietary Fiber 25.2 g100.8%
Sugars 70.4 g
Protein 234 g468.8%
Vitamin A 129% Vitamin C 606.2%
Calcium 29.1% Iron 102.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In boiling salted water, cook the chicken until soft.
2) Drain the broth but save 1/3 cup.
3) On cooling, skin the chicken and remove all the meat from the bones.
4) Cut meat into small pieces.
5) Add green pepper, onion, and pea pods to the saved broth and cook until crisp-soft.
6) Add rest of the ingredients except pineapple and cook for about 2 minutes.
7) Continue adding pineapple to this and stir, and heat thoroughly.
8) Serve hot.