- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orecchiette with Squash, Broccoli Rabe, and Goat Cheese Recipe
|Butternut squash||1 Large, peeled, seeded, and cubed|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), peeled and crushed lightly|
|Broccoli rabe||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed, coarsely chopped, and rinsed under cold running water|
|Pasta cooking water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Goat cheese||6 Ounce|
Calories 1040 Calories from Fat 264
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.7 mg14.9%
Sodium 326.1 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 166 g55.2%
Dietary Fiber 20 g80.2%
Sugars 25.6 g
Protein 38 g76.7%
Vitamin A 1309.5% Vitamin C 258.3%
Calcium 84.6% Iron 58.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400Â°F.
2) In a large bowl, place the squash.
3) Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of olive oil, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
4) On a large baking tray, place the squash.
5) Roast the squash for 45 minutes, until it turns soft and golden. Keep aside.
6) In a large pot, add lightly salted water and bring to a boil.
7) Gradually add pasta to the boiling water.
8) Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, heat the remaining olive oil, over medium heat.
9) To this, add the garlic, and saute it, stirring until golden. Remove the garlic from the oven and keep aside.
10) Increase the heat of the oven to high.
11) To this, add the broccoli rabe. (Though the vegetable will cook with the water which is already present in it, you can add more water to prevent the broccoli rabe from burning.)
12) Sprinkle salt on the broccoli rabe and cover the pot.
13) Steam the vegetable for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until it turns tender.
14) To this, add the pasta cooking water.
15) Drain the pasta and add to this..
16) Reduce the heat of the oven to low.
17) Cook the mixture for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
18) Adjust seasonings to taste.
19) Transfer the pasta to 4 serving bowls evenly.
20) Divide the roasted squash evenly among the 4 bowls.
21) Serve immediately, garnished with the goat cheese.