- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orecchiette With Broccoli And Fresh And Sun Dried Tomatoes Recipe
|Broccoli||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm) (Or 1 Small)|
|Fresh ripe tomatoes/One 28 ounce can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Whole peeled tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, drained|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Thinly sliced scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (The White And Part Of The Green)|
|Sun-dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), oil rinsed off, thinly sliced|
|Basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Preferably Italian)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or To Taste)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Orecchiette pasta/Other small pasta||12 Ounce, cooked|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 537 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17 mg
Sodium 1045.3 mg43.6%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.4%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 23 g46.9%
Vitamin A 38.7% Vitamin C 117.2%
Calcium 40.3% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the broccoli flowerets from the stems.
2. Keep the stems aside for future use.
3. Cut the flowerets into very small pieces to fill 3 cups.
4. In a pot, boil the broccoli in well-salted water, till it is slightly firm and undercooked.
5. Drain the broccoli and dip in cold water.
6. Drain them again and keep aside.
7. In a medium saucepan, mix together tomatoes, scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
8. Add the oil and stir it in.
9. Now add the broccoli.
10. Place the pan on low heat and cook gently.
11. To serve, toss the sauce with hot pasta in the saucepan.
12. Serve in bowls, with Parmesan separately if you want.