- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orangey Honey Buns Recipe Video
|For the buns|
|Caster sugar||4 Teaspoon|
|Plain flour||150 Gram|
|Sea salt flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant yeast||7 Gram|
|Free range eggs||3 Large, beaten|
|Softened butter||75 Gram|
|For the syrup|
|Caster sugar||500 Gram|
|Orange zest strips||4 Small|
|Cold water||500 Milliliter|
|Clear honey||100 Gram|
Calories 633 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.9 mg
Sodium 134.4 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 124 g41.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 100.4 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need12-hole muffin tray
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7.
2. Grease the muffin tray with butter.
3. Cut the orange rind into 4 long strips, set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl combine sugar, flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl until well combined.
5. Add half of the eggs and using an electric mixture whisk everything until well combined and forms a sticky paste.
6. Gradually whisk in the remaining beaten egg and add the softened butter.
7. Once done spoon the batter into the muffin tray, leave it for 1 hour to rise.
8. After 1 hour bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
9. In a saucepan combine water and sugar; add the orange strips and over low heat dissolve the sugar completely, stirring continuously.
10. Add the honey and stir everything together.
11. Remove the buns from the oven and allow it to cool.
12. Once cooled add them to a jar and pour the sugar syrup and seal the jar.
13. Serve the orange honey buns along with some whipped cream.