- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oranges And Cracked Caramel Recipe
|Oranges||3 Medium, skinned|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 994 Calories from Fat 461
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g80.7%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg54.8%
Sodium 45.6 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.5%
Sugars 125.3 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 47.7% Vitamin C 208.2%
Calcium 19.8% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the oranges into segments, remove all the pith. Be careful, do not lose any juice.
2) Chill the segments in refrigerator.
3) Lightly oil a baking tray.
3) In a non-stick pan heat water, add sugar and bring to boil.
4) Reduce the heat and let it simmer till the syrup turns dark amber in colour
5) Pour the syrup on the tray in thin stream. Allow it to cool.
6) Chip the caramel off the sheet and set aside
7) Before serving whip the heavy cream and use it coats the orange segments.
8) Divide the orange segments in two glass bowl and scatter caramel chips on top of each serving.