- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange-Glazed Beets Recipe
|Beets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Reduced-calorie margarine||2 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated orange rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Unsweetened orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 77 Calories from Fat 17
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.9%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 171.9 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 21.9%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut leaving root and 1 inch of stem on beets.
3. Place beets in a saucepan; cover with water, and bring to a boil.
4. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until tender, drain.
5. Rinse beets with cold water, and drain again.
6. Trim off beetroots and stems, and rub off skins, cut beets into 1/4-inch slices.
7. Melt margarine in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stir in remaining ingredients except beets.
8. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and thickened.
9. Add beets, stirring gently to coat, cook over low heat 3 to 5 minutes.