- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Chicken Recipe Video
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, slice|
|Orange peel||1 Tablespoon, slice|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||3⁄4 Pound, dice (cut into bite size pieces)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|For the sauce|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice cooking wine||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1340 Calories from Fat 810
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g140.7%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g65.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 311 mg103.7%
Sodium 694.4 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 15.5 g
Protein 54 g108.2%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 73.4%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 30.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWok
1. In a bowl combine orange juice, chicken stock, sugar, soy sauce, rice cooking wine and cornstarch, mix well and set aside.
2. Slice the ginger and orange peel, cut the chicken into bite size pieces, set aside.
3. Beat the eggs and set aside.
4. Dip the chicken in the beaten eggs and coat it with flour, do these steps twice.
5. In a wok pour oil and heat up the oil to 360-370 degrees, once the oil is hot deep dry the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Once done place the chicken on a strainer and drain the excess oil.
7. In another wok pour cooking oil, sauté the ginger and orange peel for few seconds.
8. Add the sauce and bring it up to soft boil, add the chicken and mix well until the sauce has thickened.
9. Serve the orange chicken with rice or noodles.