- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Bran Cookies Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs), firmly packed|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Bran||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Sifted flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5276 Calories from Fat 2181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 248 g382.1%
Saturated Fat 149.4 g747%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1027.7 mg
Sodium 971.9 mg40.5%
Total Carbohydrates 756 g251.9%
Dietary Fiber 26.2 g104.9%
Sugars 403.3 g
Protein 70 g140.4%
Vitamin A 151.6% Vitamin C 34%
Calcium 99.2% Iron 142.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a baking sheet.
2) Combine and cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3) Beat in the eggs.
4) Add in the bran and grated orange rind.
5) Combine and sift together flour and baking powder.
6) Add into the orange mix and blend well.
7) Divide the dough into the half and shape into two rolls.
8) Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for several hours.
9) With a very sharp knife, cut into tV inch thick slices.
10) Arrange on the baking sheet.
11) Place in the oven at 400° F and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
12) Serve as a snack.