- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Wheat Bread Recipe
|White flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped and dusted lightly with flour|
|Orange rind||2 Tablespoon, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2946 Calories from Fat 1075
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g190.3%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g80.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg70.5%
Sodium 1957.5 mg81.6%
Total Carbohydrates 412 g137.3%
Dietary Fiber 29.3 g117.3%
Sugars 123.4 g
Protein 64 g128.3%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 275.7%
Calcium 133.9% Iron 125.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
3) Now, add the remaining ingredients and stir until moist.
4) In a greased loaf pan, pour the mix.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 55 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
6) Remove from the pan immediately.
7) Serve with hot tea or with milk.
To store, wrap securely in foil or plastic.