- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Tea Cakes Recipe
|Almonds||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), chopped about the size of rice kernels|
|Orange peel||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Pint|
|Orange coloring||3 Drop|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.8%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg
Sodium 19.1 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 51.9%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 340°F
2. Grease a cookie sheet with butter.
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift in flour and stir in the almonds, orange peel and powdered sugar.
4. Add the cream and food coloring and beat with a wooden spoon to bind into a sticky dough.
5. Spoon this batter into a pastry bag with a No. 5 or No. 6 tube nozzle attached.
6. Pipe out onto the cookie sheet, into small mounds, flattening the little tip with the back of the spoon.
7. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 10- 12 minutes dry and stiff. Do not wait for them to get browned.
8. Remove from oven and slide onto a wire rack to cool and harden.
9. Coat one side with melted chocolate if you like and let it set.
10. Serve along with tea or coffee or use in desserts.