- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Orange Tea Bread Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly squeezed|
|Candied orange rind||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), thinly sliced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3196 Calories from Fat 1051
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g182.9%
Saturated Fat 32 g160%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 234.1 mg
Sodium 3981.4 mg165.9%
Total Carbohydrates 484 g161.3%
Dietary Fiber 18.5 g73.9%
Sugars 173.6 g
Protein 54 g108.7%
Vitamin A 20.8% Vitamin C 275.8%
Calcium 158.3% Iron 116.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream shortening with sugar to a fluffy mixture. Add egg and beat well.
3. Mix in sifted dry ingredients along with milk and orange juice, in turns, and beat to blend.
4. Add candied rind and stir well.
5. Transfer to a thoroughly greased 9 X 5 X 3 inch loaf pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
6. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan, transfer wire rack, and cool well.
7. Store overnight and slice.
8. Serve Orange Tea Bread with coffee.